Salt Yard Cookbook Launch – What We Ate
With a glass of prosecco in hand, we sampled some of the best canapés I’ve had in a long while – to be expected from one of London’s most renowned tapas restaurants.
I haven’t eaten at Salt Yard or Opera Tavern but I have had lunch at sister restaurant Dehesa and have never forgotten the wonderfulness of the ‘courgette flowers with Monte Enebro and honey' – WOW.Last night we sampled:
• Scallop ceviche with pomegranate and fennel
• Salt cod fritter with orange alioli
• Crispy pork belly with quince and marjoram
• Wild mushroom and truffle empanadilla - I challenge anyone not to like garlic, mushroom and truffle in deep fried pastry
• Mini Iberico pork and foie gras burger – the meat patty was pink in the middle yet chargrilled on the outside, the bun was sweet and tough and it came with a jalapeno on top – awesome!
The low-lit downstairs of the Opera Tavern looked sultry and great for a date and is now added to my long list of London restaurants to visit.
*Foodie Mom in London was invited to the Salt Yard cookbook launch